You can delete your account, or remove certain personal information. If there is any other personal information you believe we process that you would like us to erase, please contact us as described above.
You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold such personal information; or
- you believe the personal information we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
You can also exercise your right to restrict our processing of your personal information (as described below) while we consider your request.
We may need to retain personal information if there are valid grounds under data protection laws for us to do so (e.g., for the defense of legal claims or freedom of expression) but we will let you know if that is the case. Where you have requested that we erase personal information that has been made available publicly on the Services and there are grounds for erasure, we will use reasonable steps to try to tell others that are displaying the personal information or providing links to the personal information to erase it too.
Restriction of Processing to Storage Only
You have a right to require us to stop processing the personal information we hold about you other than for storage purposes in certain circumstances. Please note, however, that if we stop processing the personal information, we may use it again if there are valid grounds under data protection laws for us to do so (e.g., for the defense of legal claims or for another's protection). As above, where we agree to stop processing the personal information, we will try to tell any third party to whom we have disclosed the relevant personal information so that they can stop processing it too.
You may request we stop processing the personal information we hold about you where:
- you believe the personal information is not accurate for the period it takes for us to verify whether it is accurate;
- you believe the processing we are doing is unlawful and you want us to restrict its processing;
- you believe the personal information is no longer necessary for our purposes but you require it to be stored for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- you would like to verify whether our legitimate grounds for processing the information override your interests.